What Can Cause 2018 Dodge Journey Check Engine Light To Come On?
There are a number of reasons why the 2018 Dodge Journey check engine light may come on, but the most common are related to emissions or fuel efficiency.
The 2018 Dodge Journey check engine light can come on when there is an issue with one of the following:
- The emissions control system, including catalytic converter and oxygen sensors
- Fuel injectors or vapor recovery canister
- Vacuum leaks can occur in the intake manifold or vacuum hoses.
- Oxygen sensor: The oxygen sensor monitors the amount of oxygen in the exhaust and sends that information to the computer. If there is a problem with the oxygen sensor, it will cause your check engine light to come on.
- Air fuel ratio sensors: These sensors measure how much air is being mixed with fuel before it is burned in your engine. They send this information to the computer so that it can adjust accordingly.
- The catalytic converter
- The fuel pump
- The evaporative emission system -Fuel injectors
- Fuel pump
- Oxygen sensor
- Air mass meter -The oxygen sensor
- The catalytic converter
- The fuel pump or injectors
- The mass airflow sensor
How To Reset 2018 Dodge Journey Check Engine Light?
Reset 2018 Dodge Journey check engine light, you can try the following steps for the process:
- Turn the key to “off” and make sure the engine isn’t running when you do this.
- After disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait 30 seconds before proceeding.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the engine on and let it idle until the temperature gauge registers a normal operating range.
- Turn the ignition off and start the vehicle again to see if the check engine light has reset.
If the check engine light does not reset after performing these steps, there may be a deeper issue with the vehicle that needs to be addressed. In this case, it’s a good idea to have the vehicle checked by a mechanic to determine the cause of the problem and get it repaired.
It’s also worth noting that resetting the check engine light does not fix the underlying problem that caused the light to turn on in the first place. If you continue to drive the vehicle without addressing the problem, the check engine light may come back on and the issue could potentially cause further damage to the vehicle.
Is The 2018 Dodge Journey Safe To Drive With The Check Engine Light On?
The 2018 Dodge Journey is a very safe vehicle. However, if you have been driving with the 2018 Dodge Journey check engine light on, it’s best to have it serviced as soon as possible. A trained technician can determine whether or not your vehicle needs repairs or service and make sure that everything is working properly. In addition to safety, it’s important to remember that not having a working 2018 Dodge Journey check engine light can lead to fines and other legal issues. If you are pulled over by law enforcement officers and they do not see the light on your dashboard, they may issue you a ticket for driving without proper maintenance or registration.